We make optical gear for those who play to win. Even if you're competing in casual sports, there should be nothing casual about performance. So if you're looking for a slice of style that's a cut above the rest, get something carved on the cutting edge of technology. Oakley SCALPEL combines the best of HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS (HDO) with a look that goes from street to sport, and it offers a level of performance as aggressive as its styling.
This is sculpture mixed with science, and there's a reason behind every curve. The side-to-side contour of a lens can make or break peripheral vision. SCALPEL has a full 8.75 base curvature to open your range of view. That much of a contour leads to optical distortion in ordinary sunglasses but SCALPEL is engineered with XYZ OPTICS to maintain critical clarity along the entire lens curve. You'll have added protection against sun, wind and side impact. As a matter of fact, this design meets all ANSI Z87.1 basic impact standards, and the pure PLUTONITE lenses filter out 100% of all UV. The optics also meet every impact standards, and the pure PLUTONITE lenses filter out 100% of all UV. The optics also meet every ANSI Z87.1 standard for visual performance. So if you hit the links or just crash a beach volleyball game, SCALPEL will give you all the razor-sharp clarity you need.
The smooth sculptural contours are made of durable, lightweight O MATTER frame material, and we gave the stem sleeves special attention. Note how they wrap the ends and continue along the underside. They're made of UNOBTAINIUM, a material that increases grip with sweat, and they're part of a Three-Point Fit that maintains comfort all day while holding the lenses in precise optical alignment.
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O MATTER frame material
- Comfortably secure fit of UNOBTAINIUM nose pads and stem sleeves that increase grip with perspiration
- Performance and comfort of Oakley Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection with 8.75 base lens curvature
- Optical clarity, performance and precision that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Protection of impact resistance that meets ANSI Z87.1 basic impact standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE lenses that filter out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and balanced light transmission of IRIDIUM lens coating (available only on certain lens/frame color combinations)
- Frame Width: 153mm
- Lens: 38mm high x 57mm wide
- Bridge: 20mm
- Temple Length: 137mm
Oakley Sunglasses Warranty
All Oakley eyewear is warranted for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer defects. Coverage is valid only with proof of purchase from an Authorized Oakley Dealer. Oakley warranty program does not cover scratched lenses. Alteration of Oakley products will void warranty. Additional services are available for a nominal charge.
Oakley Sunglasses Authorized Dealer